My son couldn't stop eating these tasty bites. The hint of honey in the dip adds a special touch to a weeknight meal. Serve these up with oven roasted potatoes and big green salad.
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) plain low fat or 0% Greek yogurt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chopped fresh thyme or 2 mL (½ tsp) dried
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 500 mL (2 cups) bran flake cereal
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) ketchup
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) liquid honey
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide strips; set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, thyme, garlic and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Crush bran flakes in resealable bag; add cheese. Toss chicken with cereal mixture and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 200 C (400 F) oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, stir together ketchup, honey and mustard. Serve with chicken.
Tip: Substitute boneless skinless turkey breast cutlets or lean boneless pork chops for the chicken.
Posted: October 2011