Prosciutto wrapped stuffed dates
Makes 10 servings
Bringing a little taste of Italy and the Middle East to start your holidays off with a delicious twist. These are a great starter or a treat to bring to a holiday party. They are simple to make but very impressive.
- 10 whole Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soft goat cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 (1.4 oz / 40 g) paper thin slices of prosciutto (Italian ham)
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
- Cut each date in half, length-wise, for a total of 20 halves. Remove the pit.
- In a small bowl mix the goat cheese with the rosemary. Fill each date half with ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the goat cheese mixture.
- Cut prosciutto in long thin ribbons, about 1/3 of an inch (1 cm) wide. Wrap 1 ribbon around each date and place in an oven proof dish. Make-ahead: prepared dates can be made 1 day in advance and stored in the fridge. Heat just before serving.
- Bake for 20 minutes just to warm. Serve. Use extra fresh rosemary to garnish the plate.
Nutritional information per serving
- Calories: 80
- Protein: 2 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 4 mg
- Carbohydrate: 18 g
- Sodium: 114 mg
- Potassium: 168 mg
Developed by Nadine Day for the Heart and Stroke Foundation ©2007.
Posted December 2007.