Broccoli and shredded carrot salad
Makes 6 servings
This salad is great for a summer potluck and a crowd-pleasing way to serve up vegetables.
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- ¼ cup (50 mL) diced red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup (125 mL) crushed ramen noodles, uncooked (about ½ pkg). (Do not use the seasoning packet.)
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, celery, carrot and onion.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Toss with the broccoli mixture. Make ahead: Salad can be made 1 day in advance. Add toppings right before serving.
- Right before serving add the toppings and toss.
Nutritional information per serving
(1 cup / 250 mL)
- Calories: 119
- Protein: 3 g
- Total fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 12 g
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Potassium: 303 mg
Developed by Nadine Day, RD. ©The Heart and Stroke Foundation.