Makes 1 serving
Make extra burgers and freeze for a later dinner or get together.
- 4 oz (125 g) lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- Pinch pepper
- In bowl, combine chicken, garlic, coriander, soy sauce, ginger and pepper. Using hands, mix well and shape into 2 patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or grill pan over medium high heat and cook patties, turning once for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers if desired.
Grilling Option: Place on greased grill and grill over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink inside.
Nutrition information per serving
- Calories: 188
- Protein: 24 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fibre: 0 g
- Sodium: 563 mg
- Potassium: 273 mg
Developed by Emily Richards, P.H. Ec. ©The Heart and Stroke Foundation.