(Chicken marinated in yogurt and spices)
Makes 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts about 7 oz (200 g) each
- Marinade – About ½ the marinade does not make it into the final product
- 4 tsp (20 mL) curry powder
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) fat free plain yogurt
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- Make marinade in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 375º F (190º C).
- Using a slotted spoon place the chicken in a glass baking dish. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
Nutritional information per serving
(¾ cup /175 mL)
- Calories: 140
- Protein: 25 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 59 mg
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Potassium: 415 mg
Developed by Nadine Day, RD. ©The Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Posted June 2008.