Orange Glazed Salmon
Makes 4 servings
Cutting down salt by using simple ingredient of orange zest and orange juice to enhance flavour, heart healthy salmon has never tasted this good. Enjoy the benefit of omega-3 without giving up on taste.
- 12 oz (360 g) salmon fillet (without skin)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 1 whole (4.5 oz/131 g) fresh orange (juiced)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- Thoroughly wash and dry orange before zesting.
- Use a medium-fine grater, grate the orange until only the white pith remains over the fruit. The orange zest will be used to flavour the salmon. Be careful not to use any white pith as it is bitter in taste.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze out all the juice.
- Mix orange juice, honey, salt, pepper and orange zest together to make marinade for the salmon.
- Pour marinade over salmon and marinate salmon for 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Save marinade to make the glaze for the salmon later on.
- Brush salmon with olive oil before placing them on the heated grill. Cook until fish turn opaque and turn the salmon over once during cooking. It will take approximately 7-9 minutes altogether pending on the thickness of the salmon.
- In a small pot using high heat, reduce the leftover marinade to a glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over salmon before serving.
Nutritional information per serving
(3 oz/85 g)
- Calories: 194
- Protein: 17 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Dietary cholesterol: 48 mg
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Sodium: 339 mg
- Potassium: 312 mg
Developed by Sosan Hua, RD. ©The Heart & Stroke Foundation.