Green beans with herbs and pine nuts
Makes 10 servings
Green beans are a tasty and colourful addition to virtually any dinner.
- 25 mL (2 tbsp pine nuts)
- 750 g (1 1⁄2 lb) green beans, trimmed
- 50 mL (1⁄4 cup) chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 10 mL (2 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 1 mL (1⁄4 tsp) or less salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toast pine nuts in 180°C (350°F) oven for 5 minutes or until golden.
- In large saucepan of boiling water, cook beans for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain thoroughly.
- Add dill and olive oil; toss gently. Add lemon juice, and salt and pepper; toss again. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
MAKE AHEAD: Toast pine nuts; set aside. Cook beans; immediately plunge into cold water, then drain. Wrap in clean tea towel and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Reheat in boiling water for 1 minute or until heated through; drain and continue with recipe.
Nutrition information per serving
- Calories: 41
- Protein: 1 g
- Total fat: 2 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Potassium: 173 mg
From Anne Lindsay’s Lighthearted at Home ©2010
Posted: September 2010